Today I’m linking up with Nancy’s A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday, “where you share 5 random facts about you, your day, your pets, your kids, whatever!”
Here are my Random 5 facts:
1. My cats call my orthopedic boot “The Monster Boot” because it’s so big and, when I’m not using my crutches, it makes me sound like a monster as I walk through the house: thump, thump, thump. It’s quite loud to their tender kitty ears!
2. My town’s high school boys basketball team won the Group A, Division 1 state title in Virginia. The girls team was the state runner-up in its division. Go, Colonels and Lady Colonels!
3. I’ve been seeing daffodils around town, including in our yard (see photo). I see an especially pretty set of the yellow flowers every morning on the way to work: a lone bunch sticking out of an otherwise still dormant bank of grass. No photo of those to show you.
4. I’m reading Bones Are Forever, by Kathy Reichs. It’s another one of her great mysteries. I enjoy her main character, forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. And Brennan has a pet cat, Birdie. Our Chase Bird got his middle name from him.
5. My husband has driven me to and from work every day since I had to start wearing The Monster Boot. He has also driven me to things I had to cover for work, including a government meeting and a court hearing. He’s my partner in every sense of the word. And he’s a big reason that, despite my having OCD and depression, my life is good.
Link up at Nancy’s blog and share your own Random 5 if you’d like!
And in the comment section, please share one random fact about yourself.