I want to thank Sanny at the blog “Unraveling the Mysteries of Life” for nominating me for the Liebster Blog award.
Sanny is a student of Media Management who is very creative in her writing and life. She always makes me think beyond the surface with her blog posts. I hope that if you haven’t already, you will check out her blog.
For this award, I need to post 11 things about me, answer the questions that Sanny gave me and nominate up to 11 people with blogs with less than 200 followers.
So here are 11 random things about me:
1. I play the piano and the organ. I haven’t played the organ in years, but I occasionally sit down at my keyboard and play.
2. My mother had nine siblings and my father had eight, plus my grandparents had large families, so I have a lot of relatives.
3. I used to write poetry a lot.
4. My first pet was a dog named Sissy.
5. I love to read mysteries and thrillers.
6. I am really funny about the kind of pens I write with.
7. I carry big purses because I carry with me everything I might need. My right shoulder has a dip it in from carrying heavy bags for most of my life.
8. I have multiple journals that I’ve written in and never finished. Lots of pretty books with lots of blank pages!
9. I’m allergic to tree nuts but not to peanuts. Good thing, because I love peanut butter.
10. My favorite colors are purple and blue. A purplish blue is the loveliest.
11. I have a lot of animal-themed jewelry, especially cat jewelry and paw-print jewelry.
These are the questions that Sanny gave:
1. Do you believe in miracles? Yes, I believe there are many things that happen that cannot be explained by the usual means.
2. What is the reason you started your blog? I started my blog to make connections with others suffering from or wanting to learn more about OCD and depression.
3. What is your favorite animal and why? Cats! I love their grace, their attitude, their beauty. I love their affection, their intelligence, their loyalty.
4. What do you appreciate the most about your life? My husband and his love and support.
5. What’s the last book you read and what’s it about? The last book I read is I Hardly Ever Wash My Hands: The Other Side of OCD, by J.J. Keeler. I just wrote a review about it here. It’s about a woman’s struggles with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
6. If you would go to a lonely island, what three things would you take with you? If I couldn’t take my husband or cats, I would take books, paper and pens, and peanut butter (technically more than three things, but I’ll lump them into three categories).
7. Do you thing that failure is always a bad thing or can it also encourage you to retry or try it differently? Failure is not always a bad thing. I have learned from failure until I’ve improved at something. And I think it makes us stronger and reminds us that life will not always go our way and isn’t supposed to.
8. Have you ever had a life changing moment? And if so, what was it about? I’ve had many of these moments. One is when my father died. I realized that my life as I knew it was over forever. Life changes when someone who has been a part of it is gone.
9. What is your favorite TV show? “A Person of Interest.”
10. Besides writing, what do you mostly do on your computer? I read others’ blogs and news articles. I also download and process photos.
11. If you could change something in your life, what would you change? I would work for myself.
Now I’d like to nominate Krystal Lynn, of the blog “Sprinkle Some Sugar on Me: I am More than OCD” for this blog award. She writes down-to-earth, intelligent and heartfelt posts about her own journey with OCD.
What random fact about yourself are you willing to share?