Sunday, July 7, 2019

Links to Helpful Posts on This Blog

Even though I’m no longer blogging here, I want to keep the blog up for anyone who might find help and encouragement in the posts. 

Below are links to some of the posts that seemed to be the most helpful to readers in the past, and which seem to sum up what my intentions were in starting the blog—to helps others with OCD and other mental illnesses know they are not alone.


“The Importance of Getting Treatment for Mental Illness”

You can find my thoughts on getting treatment for OCD and other mental illnesses in this post. I also provide links to helpful information.


“Top 5 Things That Have Helped My OCD”

There is help for OCD, and I hope you will seek advice from medical professionals on how you can treat your OCD.


“Things I Would Tell My Younger Self: Things Will Get Better”

I know it’s hard to believe that you will get better, that you are not alone in your challenges with OCD. But read this letter I wrote to my younger self. I’m writing it to you, too.


“Reading OCD”

You worry that you haven’t read a passage in a book or article “well enough” and feel compelled to read and reread again and again.


“Hit-and-Run OCD”

You know intellectually that you haven’t hit someone with your car or caused an accident. But you feel like you may have. So you feel compelled to turn the car around and check to be sure you haven’t caused harm. You may even avoid driving.


“Public Bathrooms and Contamination OCD”

You’re afraid of touching or even seeing something you think is dirty, unclean, and covered in germs.


“OCD and Making Decisions”

If you have OCD, you are challenged by uncertainty. You worry about things that other people may never even think about. Sometimes this uncertainty affects your decision-making experiences.


“Counting: One, Two, Three”
A compulsion to count is one way OCD can present.


“OCD: Picking Up Sticks”

Checking OCD can take many forms, including checking for things you’re afraid may hurt others.


“The Lights at Work: Are They Really Off?”

If you compulsively check to make sure the lights are off, try this method of coping with the anxiety.